What do I need to start sewing? Today I bring you a tool that is essential that you have in your collection. The Tailor’s Pressing ham is what you need to make your clothes look perfect.
You will find this pattern in the patterns section of the web, and you can find it in A4 / letter format so that you can print it from your own home without any problems. It already has the seam allowances.
- > Wool fabric for the upper part *
- > Cotton fabric for the bottom *
- > Needle and thread for hand sewing
- > Sawdust (or the elements that you are going to use as filler)
* Remember that the fabrics you use have to have a high level of heat resistance.
I have taken the measurements from the Tailor’s Pressing ham that I have been using for years. This tailored cushion measures 30 cm long, 21 cm wide and 8 cm high. These measurements are for the finished Tailor’s Pressing ham.
This pattern is one of the easiest you will find here, it is perfect for beginners and I also consider it essential if you are learning to sew.
- Before cutting the pattern, you have to pre-shrink the fabric. Follow the instructions on the pattern on how to cut it.
- Sew all the darts of the two pieces.
- Close the outline as far as the notches indicate and turn the pattern over so that the seams are on the inside.
- Fill the Tailor’s Pressing ham with sawdust until it is completely full and close it by hand sewing the rest of the outline.
As you can see, this pattern is very simple to make and it is essential that you have it.
Remember that if you have any questions, you can always leave them in the comments and I will answer you as soon as I can.